1 Week Sample Keto Meal Plan
This is just a basic guideline to help you understand what I would typically eat in a weeks time.
What does a keto diet look like?
A ketogenic diet (keto diet not to be confused with a low carb diet) will vary, depending on an individual’s goals. However, the focus should basically be on eating high fat and cutting the carbs.
A keto diet will usually be:
- Low Carbohydrate
- Moderate Protein
- High Fat
In one 24 hour day
- Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Avocado & Colby Jack Cheese
- Lunch: Pepperoni salad with spinach, feta cheese and topped with olive oil.
- Dinner: Pork chops cooked with fresh garlic, salt and pepepr with a side of asparagus cooked in real butter.
- Breakfast: Egg, spinach, cream cheese & chive omelet with a side of sausage patties and coffee.
- Lunch: Lettuce wrap with turkey, cucumber and cheddar cheese.
- Dinner: Meatballs, cheddar cheese and cauliflower.
- Breakfast: L’oven Bread 0 Net Carb toast, butter fried egg, slice of cheese and bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee.
- Lunch: Tuna salad with pork rind chips with black olives and mio water.
- Dinner: Tacos!!! Taco Meat (garlic, salt & pepper), lettuce wrap shells, cilantro, cheese and avocado slice.
- Breakfast: Keto Vanilla Chai smoothie. Recipe here.
- Lunch: Jimmy Johns Unwhich, turkey tom, no tomotoes and add bacon.
- Dinner: Steak and mushrooms, hunk of cheese.
- Breakfast: French toast. See recipe here.
- Lunch: Subway Italian BMT Chopped salad, mozzarella cheese, black olives, jalapenos, topped in olive oil. Add a little mustard or mayonaisse.
- Dinner: Pork chops with veggies (cauliflower & broccoli mix with butter & toasted peacons or almonds).
- Breakfast: Eggs & Chorizo, topped with chihuahua cheese.
- Lunch: Bunless Bacon Burgers, topped with either swiss cheese or pepperjack, topped with presto and grilled or sauteed asparagus.
- Dinner: Chicken Alfredo Pizza Keto See Recipe here.
- Breakfast: Meatlovers Skillet – Scrambled eggs, bacon bits, sausage, green pepper chopped, cheese, mushroom, topped with cilantro.
- Lunch: Prosciutto (or bacon) wrapped asparagus with cream cheese.
- Dinner: Chicken wings, with Frank’s Red hot sauce.
Foods to Eat
You should base the majority of your meals around these foods.
- Meat: Red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken and turkey.
- Fatty Fish: Such as salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel.
- Eggs: Farm fresh eggs are the best.
- Butter and cream: Look for real butter and real cream when possible. Pay attention to the net carb count.
- Cheese: Unprocessed cheese (cheddar, goat, cream, bleu, swiss or mozzarella.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- Healthy Oils: Primarily extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.
- Avocados: Whole avocados for freshly made guacamole.
- Low-carb veggies: Most green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- Condiments: You can use salt, peper and various healthy herbs and spices.
Foods To Avoid
Any food that is high in carbs should be limited or replaced with a low carb substitute.
Here is a list of foods you need to stay away from for an effective ketogenic diet.
- Sugary foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, doughnuts, cookies, etc.
- Grains or Startches: Wheat based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: All fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries.
- Beans or Legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, pinto beans, etc.
- Root Vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- Low-fat or diet products: These are highly processed and often high in carbs, ie protein bars.
- Some condiments of sauces: These are the ones that you know contain sugar and unhealthy fat, i.e. ketsup
- Unhealthy fats: Limit your intake of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- Alcohol: Due to their carb content, may alcoholic beverages or spirits can throw you right out of ketosis in an instant.
- Sugar-free diet foods: These are often high in sugar alcohols, which can affect ketone levels in some cases. These foods also tend to be highly processed.